There is a cost transfer program in which you can wipe out whatever is in some simulation cost area,
then copy 100% standard costs (or whatever you are about to rollup) to the simulation cost set
then do the rollup
then have a query that compares the content of the simulation costs (from before the rollup) to the standard cost (after the rollup) to get various reports on what changed, and how significantly, such as figure percentage of change, only print if that not zero, sort by percentage, and only print first and last pages (most extreme values)

This assumes that YOU are doing the whole thing.
We used to have engineers who would update some part, then run CST600 over just that one part ... a practice we stopped for several reasons, one being risk that several engineers doing this at same time in different JOBQ

You could do the cost transfer as of end-fiscal to compare vs. next end fiscal to identify all costs that got changed during the month.

You might want your query comparison to be run by facility in which you include a match to MBM (bill of materials) and FRT (routings) to get at a count of how many records on that item in that facility ... items with no BOM that changed cost, someone must have done it manually without any rollup

There may be some other files you want to make a copy of after end fiscal, or quarterly.
Not need to copy all fields, just controls and key data.
Then periodically run a report showing all that got changed since last copy made.
Your price file for example.
Perhaps system parameters and ITE

Be careful to structure query so as to identify what gets deleted, in addition to what changed.
This approach will not catch stuff that is changed, then later changed back.

Al Macintyre http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac

the # transaction gets logged whenever a cost is changed via CST100 cost
maintenance. typically this is material cost standards. most other costs
are generated via CST600 (load cost standards from routings) and CST500
(cost roll up). when these programs are run they generate the mfg cost
standards from the routings and then roll them up. i change to any of
the following fields (this may not be a complete list) will cause these
programs to generate different cost standards

lot size
order policy
set-up time
run time
set up labor rate
run labor rate
b/m qty per
scrap factor (?)
effectivity dates

one other thing that you could do would be to write a query that save
the cost stds. then after the cost roll ups, compare the new standards
to the prior standards. it will tell you what changed, but not why it
changed. but you should be able to track down any significant changes
while it is still fresh. but this takes time and a lot of investigative
work.

>>> lopeze@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 12/07/04 10:14AM >>>

Hi,

A manager came to me and asked me if there's a way to know who made a
change
to the costs and I told him let me see... so, the first thing I thought
was,
if I go to the CMF table I might know that but for my surprise that
table
doesn't have the last change user, then I went to the ITH and made a
SQL
query to get all records within the last two months with transaction
type
"#" and it did return some records which is ok... however I was
expecting
more records so I removed the transaction date filter and again it
didn't
return me the expected records... so I'm wondering if there's a table
where
I can get that information... any help will be very appreciated

Thank you,

Eduardo Lopez
Windows/Web Developer
Tyco Plastics & Adhesives