Yikes ...

This kind of flexibility to perform direct 'fixing' in transaction files
is exactly the kind of thing which attracts the attention of internal
auditors and Sarbanes-Oxley auditors and can easily run afoul of other IT standards like: 21 CFR part 11, GLBA, HIPAA, COBIT, etc.

The issue isn't just getting the 'right' final result, it's also how to get
that result within the context of a verifiably strong internal
control environment.

Summary info on IT standards available here: http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/ITstandards/source/1.html

Warm regards,
Milt
Unbeaten Path
www.unpath.com

+++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++++++ From: Roger.Henady@xxxxxxxxxx To: SSA's BPCS ERP System Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: Incorrect scrap date

You can change the date in ITH -- Has it posted? TSTAT = Y for posted. If not posted change date, If posted change date and move on the next file.

You might find the transaction in GJW -- which is a work file. Change the period / Year / date in GJW. When you run GLD540 you probably only enter current year. This transaction will stay in this work file until you post that year. Make changes to record and run GLD540. If everything post correctly, GJW will have only deleted records. This is a file you will want to reorganize or clear out deleted records occasionally.

I have also found errors / unposted entries in GJH / GJD. If period is closed I have changed dates and period in both GJH and GJD so the transaction will post. This has happened at monthend cut off when someone make a transaction late and accounting has already closed period. So we will move transaction to next period and let it post.

Roger Henady
Thorco Industries
(417) 682-1340