From: bpcs-l-bounces+anewell=phoenixbcinc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+anewell=phoenixbcinc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
ERP/BPCS
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 10:26 AM
To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Finished good item produced as Lot Controlled,sold as non Lot item
?

Hello Dear all,

We are using BPCS V 8.1 Mixed Mode, on aS400.

We are facing with one scenario and looking for the
solution.

Scenario:
We Produce Finshed good item , which is defined as a
lot controled item. For regular cusomter we are
shipping and selling it lot wise. But same item we are
giving it to some customer as consignment stock. On
each month End, our customer raises PO for the total
qty they have utilized from our stock.
We dont know from which lot they have consumed.

How we want to handle:
We want to have this item produced lot wise, but
shipped and sold non lot wise for few customers and
lot wise for few customers.

May be concept of redesignation will work ??
Any ideas ??
regards