This is the BPCS list server.  It is devoted to the discussion of topics
related to System Software Associates' (SSA's) Business Planning and Control
System (BPCS).  We can generally concede that topics involving AS/Set, ODW,
and BPCS "bolt-ons" are acceptable.  Discussion of other software products
as they relate to interfacing with BPCS is fine.  Discussion of hardware
platforms as they relate to BPCS is fine as well, but do not attempt to
promote one platform over another.  Discussion of platform strengths and
weaknesses is allowed.

Opinions are both welcome and encouraged, but longer threads should be
held "off line".  Same for personal experiences.  All versions and all
"flavors" of BPCS are welcome, as well as all hardware configurations.
Please contact the list moderator at bpcs-l-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx if
you have any questions regarding appropriate content.

Questions regarding programming techniques as related to AS/Set or ODW are
allowed; however, native programming not specifically related to BPCS would
be better served on the midrange list server, MIDRANGE-L, or an appropriate
UNIX forum.  Connectivity and AS/400 related questions, unless specific to
BPCS or CIMPath, would be better served by MIDRANGE-L as well.

Flames are ABSOLUTELY prohibited.  We are all adults here, and can express
our discontent without childish remonstrations.  Any person caught issuing a
flame will be immediately terminated from the list, or be forced to maintain
one of the "500" programs using screen arrays instead of subfiles and at
least twelve "dead" subroutines -- you decide which is worse.

By posting to this mailing list, you are granting MIDRANGE dot COM and
David Gibbs (david@xxxxxxxxxxxx) non-exclusive, unlimited, rights to
republish its contents.

This list IS copyrighted as a compilation.  Republication of this mailing
list, for anything other than personal use, without the explicit permission
of the list owner is a violation of U.S.  Copyright Law and will be dealt
with as such.

Collecting or "Mining" of email address from this forum, or any related
web archive, is strictly and explicitly prohibited (not to mention that
it is extraordinarily unprofessional).

Advertising products, repeated postings, etc, are strictly prohibited.
Also, if you have a solution that will specificly help another
participant, feel free to tell that person.  And finally, if you are a
vendor, please identify yourself as such... do not try to pass yourself
off as a user of your own products (even if you are).

To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change mailing list options, please visit
http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/BPCS-L

The official language of the BPCS mailing list is English.

MIDRANGE dot COM, midrange.com, the owners and operators of this list are
in no way associated with System Software Associates, Inc. (SSA),
SoftWright UK, "Midrange Systems" magazine, or International Business
Machines, Inc. (IBM). The opinions expressed here are strictly those of
their authors, and in no way reflect the opinions or statements of
direction of the aforementioned companies.

MIDRANGE dot COM is a non-commercial organization dedicated to the free
exchange of ideas and information among computer users on the Internet.
For more information: Email INFO@xxxxxxxxxxxxx