Dear Jim  ~  response #3,

Response #2 spoke about the distinction between the authority
granted by BPCS SYS600 to use BPCS objects and the outright
ownership of BPCS objects granted by OS/400 to all members
of the SSA group profile. That distinction opens the door for BPCS
user ROGERCOBY to delete the entire BPCS item master file
even though he's excluded from item master maintenance. SOX
auditors would surely complain about that security risk.

Please click here:
http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/9sixeye-openers/source/1.html
for more details about the distinction between the use and
ownership of objects; look for the subject entitled:

 >> Drawing the line between use and ownership

The same URL presents five other topics nominated by BPCS
technical experts as the most surprising OS/400 security
eye-openers revealed by our new risk assessment product:
Bill of Health (tm) Security Diagnostics and Rx for iSeries.
Here are the other five titles:

 >> Like father like son  (el hijo del tigre sale pintado)
 >> Not all batch jobs are created equal
 >> Over-the-horizon radar for exit point vulnerabilities
 >> Another invention breeds another vulnerability: validation lists
 >> Finding vulnerable directories

Please see these subsequent responses for BPCS/SOX topics:

  #4 ~~ learn about dozens of other OS/400 security risks
             identified by Bill of Health software.

  #5 ~~ information about a much more SOX-friendly idea than
             BPCS' clunky SYS600 security system.

  #6 ~~ learn how the PCAOB interpretation of SOX compels
             external auditors to look at the details of each BPCS business
             processes to identify internal control deficits and the
             consequent BPCS data integrity issues.

  #7 ~~ information about our award-winning Stitch-in-Time (tm)
             Data Integrity software that enables you to respond to SOX
             auditor inquiries about the integrity of DB2 information.

  #8 ~~ introduction to several other clever and affordable
             Stocking Stuffers (tm) for SOX products designed to help
             enterprises prepare for Sarbanes-Oxley.

God bless,

Milt Habeck
Unbeaten Path International

Toll free North America:  (888) 874-8008
International voice: (262) 681-3151
European contact: (44) 1-737-824248
mhabeck@xxxxxxxxxx
www.unbeatenpathintl.com