New versions tend to devour hardware, but that
effect can be mitigated with an archiving strategy.
Before moving to v8, consider cleaning out old
data with Locksmith software.

Used well, Locksmith could potentially offset most or
all of the hardware consequences of moving to v8. The
hardware upgrade savings would more than pay for a copy
of Locksmith. Details here:
    http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/locksmith_bpcs.htm

Locksmith archiving is a much smarter idea than
purging. Locksmith sustains the integrity of BPCS file
relationships and the archiving is performed in a way that
sustains user access to the data.

Purging was never a good idea, even before Sarbanes-Oxley
was invented. It will be a sad day when you must confess to a
SOX auditor that your BPCS data was purged instead of
archived.

More clever/affordable  'Stocking Stuffers for SOX'  ideas:
   http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/SOXstuffers/source/1.html

Warm regards and peace to you,

Milt Habeck
Unbeaten Path International

Toll free North America:  (888) 874-8008
International voice: (262) 681-3151
mhabeck@xxxxxxxxxx
www.unbeatenpathintl.com