We are running 6.101 mixed mode, had a 720 with 120 interactive CPW,
constantly at 90% or above.  Constant problems, batch jobs backing up, not
fun to support.
We upgraded to an 810 1500 cpw no interactive limits,  BPCS actually works
now, F5 you get an immediate response.  OK it was $130K but we are running
at 15% capacity now, there is never more than
two jobs in the queue because the clear out so fast.  Jobs that used to
take an hour now take 5 minutes.  Month end closing and INV903, dont blink
becuase it is done before you can check on the job, it used to take 40
minutes.  This is one case where throwing more hardware at the problem has
solved most all of our problems.  We even had a runaway job going for 2
weeks before any noticed, me!
My recomendation, upgrade your hardware, become efficient later.

"Milt Habeck" <mhabeck@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/26/2004 12:05 AM
Please respond to "SSA's BPCS ERP System"