Hi Everyone,

Whilst posting a manual Payroll Journal I was advised by a user that the
'system crashed'.  - After the crash occurred they re-entered the manual
journal and managed to post it successfully.

Unfortunately when the Trial Balance is run they have a discrepancy of
$248613.85.  I have had a look in GJH and found there is a journal entry
which appears as follows which contains the description for the journal
that the user reported as having crashed.

Rcd ID = JP
Company = 60
Year = 2004
Period = 3
Journal Entry = 586
Total Debits = 0
Total Credits = 0
Nbr of Recs = 0
Entered Debits = 478351.38
Entered Lines = 33

I have had a look for the corresponding detail in GJD - but there is no
trace of the transaction.

I had a look at the Trial Balance program and noted that it Reads through a
joined logical GJDJ01.

I have tried to do a Journal Inquiry with BPCS to view journal 586 - but it
says there are no journal entries in the range.

To add to the difficulty there is no source on their AS/400 and no SQL or
selective query ability so everything has to be done by copyfile and then
runqry *N.

Should I just take a copy of this header record for safe keeping and then
DFU it out to get rid of it or are there other files that I should be
concerned about.

If anyone could help me (I am definitely a non accountant) it would be
great.

Regards,

Kylea White
Analyst/Programmer