Mitch:

The logic for MPS/MRP calculation in this situation are as follows:

1.  The Horizon is considered under the direct control of the Planner.
Therefore, the system cannot create Planned Orders within this time period.

2.  If there is a Net Requirement within the Horizon (i.e. Projected Balance
goes below Minimum Balance), do not create the Planned Order on that date.
MPS/MRP will create the Planned Order just outside of the Horizon with an
Expedite Message to the actual required date.

3.  An FPO that is outside of the Horizon was placed there by the Planner.
MPS/MRP then assumes that the Planner has taken control of a time period
further out than just the Horizon.

4.  Therefore, if there already is an FPO outside the Horizon, MPS/MRP
recommends that it be Expedited to the actual required date.  In the netting
logic,
it will assume that this change will be made by the Planner and it will carry
forward the Projected Balance.  When the next need occurs, it will create a
Planned Order on that date.

I hope that this explanation is clear.  If you have further questions, please
feel free to contact me offline.

Les Mittman
BSI Consulting, Inc.
Office:   847-831-9388