SMGs provide an interactive interface in and out of BPCS making use of the
same technology utilized by BPCS C/S.  The CHECKEMI program was not meant to be
a production program but rather a methodology to test whether or not the smg's
were up and operational.   The problem with using CHECKEMI is that you need
to create a script before executing the program which in effect is reducing the
interface to a batch job rather than an interactive one.  If you want to make
use of the interactive capabilities without the need to write C++ Object
Oriented code, SSA has in the past offered another package called BPCS
Exchange.
This package makes use of any of the SMG's shipped or created for BPCS and
provides a variety of options for interfacing both inbound and outbound from
files, data queues, message queues...

If the interactive capability is not necessary, than another alternative
would be to use ECM.  SSA took their old CIMPath product and moved the
capabilities of that product into ECM.  You can post both inventory and labor
transactions directly thru ECM.  ECM also uses the SMGs, but the beauty of this
interface
is that it is already written, works and is supported by SSA if there is any
issue with it.  Another positive note is that ECM comes built in with its own
error handling and correction programs - for any other interface, these would
need to be built.  There is also an ECM adaptor already created which will
create orders (for the person wishing to create RO's and transact against them).

Barbara Bilgen