In message <sf262a4c.032@xxxxxxxx>, Norman Boyd <nboyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
Carlos,

We are also on V6.0.4 and have installed a stand-alone warehouse package that has been interfaced to BPCS. We recently had an implementation diagnostic review and were told that we did not want to install the BPCS warehouse package. That it was not all that good.

Not all that good is probably not the perfect way to put it. There isn't anything outstandingly >wrong< with WHM per se. All the functions of palletising, put away's confirms layers check digits, unscheduled and scheduled repeats, location capacity etc., are all there. The setup is a little tortuous but by no means pant-wettingly so. The problem is it tends to be half the solution to the problem. It gives you some place to put the data, integrated (with a couple of exceptions) to BPCS; but you still need to source the scanning, RF, and RDT gear you'll need to make a pickface workable plus you'll need to either code the integration layer or lay your hands on RTDCS or similar or an XML product to do it for you.

Now a lot of WHM systems come from the vendor already integrated to the data collection kit. Buy one of these and you've got the simpler task of getting net stock movements into BPCS via CIM or SMG, And this is the way a lot of people went. So for one household name I designed an interface for Kewills Commander product, did PKMS for another and one to a bespoke LSP's Inventory system for a big food company.

WHM integration to QMS/LMS is poor. And the customers we have on it all had special mods to cope with pallet splitting rules.

--
Mike Ozanne