Jingker,
I think you already have the suggested solutions using BOM and the related
impact on cost. Although, if the BOM has to be adjusted you may also consider
Method codes as a way to retain multiple BOM/Routings.
If you are not concerned with cost at this point, there are a couple of
simple solutions that may be available. They involve using the order policy
code or
the planner code.
If C & D are used exclusively in B you can set the order policy to Blank on C
& D. From then on, MRP, MPS & DRP will ignore these two items. When the
experiment is over, reset the policy code.
The other alternative is to assign these components to a different planner
code, perhaps the same planner code you use for obsolete items. Assuming you
release by planner code, you could look at the planned requirements and release
or ignore as you please.
Larry