Backflushing happens automatically if you have your BPCS engineering correctly setup for it.
We are on 405 CD by facility with Labor reported through JIT600.
Our BOM specifies at what operation the materials are to be consumed.
Labor is reported as having been done at operation 100 200 300 whatever.
BOM says to eat this material at operation 100 that other 200 and so forth.
When JIT600 is told that we made so much at operation 200, then the materials needed to make operation 200 are automatically backflushed.

Now if you have a user with a problem on a particular operation, you need to inspect the BOM for that part, to make sure that the operation is specified. The BOM file is MBM.

When a shop order is created,
BOM info from MBM is copied into FMA file
Routing info from FRT is copied into FOD file
FSO has the summary info on the shop order

As work progresses, there are updates to FSO FOD FMA
You can also maintain a shop order with SFC540 I think it is

So if you find that some engineering needed to be fixed, if shop orders exist on that item, then they also need a similar fix.

What I have done is create a group of queries that list suspected engineering glitches.
Match customer order lines (ECL) and some MRP files (KRO KFP) with engineering files (MBM FRT) to identify requirements lacking all the engineering marbles to manufacture them properly, and report that manufacturing properly, so that hopefully some of this can be fixed before we have a mess.

We also have some special rules related to end items and item classes.
-
Al Macintyre http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac
Find BPCS Documentation Suppliers http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/11/08/bpcsDocSources.html
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor at http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com/

Hello all,

One of my user are having trouble backflushing an operation, since i am new
to BPCS i don't know how to quite handle this.
If any one can help, i would be most thankful.

Juan Robledo
Programmer Analyst