From: bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of David Gibbs
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 7:26 PM
To: SSA's BPCS ERP System
Subject: Re: *** ADMIN question of clarification

At 12:16 PM 6/2/2003, you wrote:
>It used to be that BPCS vendors were allowed to make monthly postings that
>were not in answer to a question: a new product or service for BPCS, such
>as a BPCS users conference, but only one such posting a month.  It would
>now seem that some of that stuff is not explicitly allowed any more?

Yes, I'm bringing the guidelines for this list more in line with MIDRANGE-L
guidelines (which I use as a template).

>New phraseology
>| Advertising products, repeated postings, etc, are strictly prohibited.
>
>I am just checking my understanding is correct.
>This means that job postings, or some update about some service like
>www.bpcsjobz are not allowed unless in answer to a relevant question.

Exactly.

>This means that vendors no longer permitted to do up to ONE monthly
>posting of some new product or service they have for BPCS, or a
>significant enhancement to an existing BPCS add-on, or some BPCS education
>or documentation, such as a new BPCS manual or newsletter, but they may
>mention what they have in reply to a relevant question.

Yes

>This means that announcing a user conference may be prohibited if vendor
>sponsored but Ok if a user asks about it.

A BPCS user conference & BPCS user group meeting announcements (SSA or LUG
sponsored) is fine, as it pertains to the list in general.  Any other
vendors user conference is not allowed.

david