Dear Fmanriq,

I cannot believe that, in all this time, you haven't even received a "please
clarify this" question.  For security, you start at the BPCS level assigning
people as users and allowing access on a program-by-program basis via SYS600.
 Later versions (yours included, I believe) allow function key and action
code security for a limited number of programs.

The _real_ security starts at the AS/400 (iSeries/400) level, and SSA/GT does
not support this because I do not believe that they have a single person "in
house" that understands AS/400 security.  However, I have implemented the
following scenario at a client site without repercussions.  Understand that
it helps if you have a development machine to test this on first.

Everything is set to an ownership of "SSA".  This is an SSA requirement, even
though object ownership is irrelevant in the overall scheme of AS/400
security.  All programs and files are set for *PUBLIC to *EXCLUDE.  This
prevents anonymous FTP and ODBC from accessing critical files.

What, specifically, are you trying to secure?

Regards,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"There is one difference between the taxidermist and the tax collector -- the
taxidermist leaves the hide." -- Mortimer Caplin