Chris's idea for transactions specific to making corrections was DYNAMITE and I will be suggesting that to my company management.

BPCS does not code the date fields as being DATES that have to be valid in IBM terms because some date fields are deliberately populated with all zeros or all nines for special reasons.

Bad dates can creep into files for any number of reasons.
In Query you can do date math to calculate how many days ahead of or behind current date it is in some date fields, then run a listing of those records whose dates are outside some range of reasonable expectations. This then tells us the volume of problem we have by file.
I have also done some simple RPG lists to identify records in some files whose whacko dates can be problematic if we not know about them.

Thanks for the info.

>>I've seen you on the other lists, so I know you are
>> familiar with programming, but I don't know how
>> familiar, so if I'm not being detailed enough
>> just let me know.

I know my way around SEU! I guess making mods to control the dates on
the key programs is what I am going to do over the next month or so as
time arises. I was hoping to find some controls or keys in BPCS to turn
on date edits.  I find the absence of them to be distressing.

Al's idea of making users only enter TODAY is great, but will not fly
here for a while.  There is often a delay between when something happens
and when we hear about it.  I am trying to get rid of the postings to
2029!

Thanks again
Tom

Tom Jedrzejewicz