Hi Wally,

We too are on BPCS 405CD and are implementing MRP/MPS.

For your first question, again we've not implemented yet and don't use
phantoms, but the docs have this to say:
"Phantoms

    Items tagged as phantoms are exploded during the MRP or MPS generation
    after available inventory for the phantom is consumed.  Release
    messages are suppressed for phantoms, and phantoms do not display on
    the MRP/MPS detail reports unless there is a rescheduling message or a
    past due scheduled receipt.  Phantoms can be reviewed through MPS and
    MRP inquiry programs.

    Phantoms are item type zero and are defined as neither manufactured nor
    purchased items.  If you change this flag from the Item Type
    Maintenance (INV171), the phantom item type will no longer be enabled. "

As to your second question, all our operations are concurrent. To make the
system plan this way, we found we could use -99 on everything past the first
operation in the router.  Here's an example from our router screen:
-------
                                  ------- Hours ------   ---Std
ays---  -Optrs-
 Operation       Status    W/C B  Run   Setup   Machine   Move Queue    Run
S/U
 100 MELT ZAMAK 3     3
 200 CAST             1   2207 P 300.00   2.00                            1
1
 300 TRIM             1   2707 P 300.00   1.00                    99.0-   1
1
 400 VIBRATORY TUMBLE 1   3040 4   4.00                    5.0    99.0-   1
1
-------
I hope this formats ok in everyone's email!!

By the way, we found the system didn't plan right if we had -99 on the first
op!

Paul