At 405 CD we can receive raw material against a purchase order PUR550 or
against a resupply order DRP550, but if we wanted raw material to magically
appear without going through an order for it, we could do an adjustment
transaction A which we use for making corrections to our counts, like a
cycle count.  Even if you do a physical inventory that discovers inventory
that somehow got overlooked, there is an O transaction into inventory
history then from there to General Ledger.  We do transfer inventory
between facilities with INV510 T using a temporary location representing
the truck it is in transit in, and coding for what facility it is in
transit TO..

On occasion we mess up, and have to do negative transactions and
adjustments, for which the A adjustment does wonders for corrections.  We
have a set of reason codes reflecting various reasons what is being
corrected here.

There's an option on one of the INV menus to view ITE ... pick one
transaction effect near beginning or end of the list (ours takes up two
summary screens), glue your eyes to one field of interest, then use page up
down or upper shift scroll button to flip through what each of your
transactions does.  Don't forget that additional transactions can be added
to the collection, but of course you have to run them through INV500 or one
of the other inventory transaction programs.

If you wanted to update your inventory to reflect the notion that raw
material had arrived, but not put anything in inventory history, kind of
like embezzlement in reverse, where embezzlement makes the inventory
disappear without a trace, but here it is appearing without an audit trail,
one way would be to use DFU or SQL or some such software outside of BPCS to
jack up quantity received of some item location by the amount you want to
increase it, then run a reorg to get the warehouse and other files in
agreement.  Of course your General Ledger won't reflect this increase in
inventory, because we need a formal transaction in the inventory history to
get the story there.  Also, it would put a bit of a strain on the people
doing input.  I think we have enough trouble figuring out the vanilla
system, let alone a spoofed one.

I have found out by experimentation that it is possible to add transactions
to ITH using a transaction effect code that does not exist in ITE, not that
I reccommend such a course of action.

Al Macintyre
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor at http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com/
See Al http://www.ryze.com/view.php?who=Al9Mac
Find BPCS Documentation Suppliers
http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/11/08/bpcsDocSources.html

We are running bpcs 6.1
We are currently receiving Raw material with transactions N (Receipt to
Inspection) and P (Receipt from inspection to stock).
We are looking for direct receipts, not based on transaction type  but on
item number.

Is there any field in item master wich could define this or does somebody
know another way to do it without a transaction?

Thanks,

Rene Lopez Almazan
Cost Accountant, Dura CS México
Tel: 011 52 722 2754776