If you need hardware to complete the upgrade, please call us as we have
specials for SSA clients on all hardware upgrades (CPU, Memory, Disk, etc)

Mitchell K. Kleinman
Executive Vice President
CCS- an IBM Premier Business Partner
mitch@ccseservers.com

Office: (949) 261-3298 - Direct
Mobile: (949) 922-2434
Fax: (949) 261-9164

"Steve Segerstrom" <SSegerstrom@intermatic.com>
Sent by: bpcs-l-admin@midrange.com
12/06/2002 10:53 AM
Please respond to bpcs-l

        To:     <bpcs-l@midrange.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: BPCS 4.05 CD on OS400 rel 5.2   ??

I'll post this as an FYI for others wanting to migrate to rel. 5.2
(os400).

We are at version 6.04 heavily modified BPCS.

The only problems we encountered in the upgrade from R4V5 to R5V2:
1. As/set would not page up/ page down. Related to security level.
recognized BMR available (for those lucky souls on support).
2. The length of the parameter for trigger files changed from v5r1 to v5r2
and generally wreaked havoc with as/set programs (the trigger file format
was hardcoded and not obtained from an API).
3. We are having a minor problem that we are working on. Occasionally,
BPCS screens will freeze (most likely unrecognizable characters in a
screen display) and the work around is to give it a system request
(Reflections).

Other than that - piece of cake!