Hello Eddy,

SSA GT has most definitely officially announced our support for V5R2 for
various BPCS releases, including BPCS 6.0.04. We have tested our listed
products on this operating system level, and support this upgrade path. See
this OGS site link, which was posted September 18th:

http://ogs.ssax.com/lvlone/products/solution%5Fmgmt%5Fnews/v5r2support.doc

As per usual, you need to view/review Informational APAR for BPCS to ensure
you have the required PTFs - currently this APAR is II12963 and
unfortunately, this has not yet been updated with the V5R2 information (but
should updated be very shortly - I will repost to this list when it is
updated). It will continue to be updated if any new issues are reported,
through an ongoing cooperation between the IBM Support Line and SSA GT
AS/400 Team Support Center.

While waiting for this APAR to update, I suggest you download the current
version of the APAR, and review the V5R1 section. You could then ask your
IBM Support representative to get you the list of the equivalent PTFs for
V5R2 (or to determine if any listed under V5R1 have been made part of base
V5R2).

At the moment I know of no new issues unique on V5R2 (compared to V5R1) -
just ones already covered under APARs originally documented at V5R1. This
could change at any point in time in the life of the release as new PTFs and
BMRs are released for both products -- so be sure to review this APAR
regularly.

There is another document on OGS related to V5R2, which you should also
read, and that does list out a few of the most important V5R2 PTFs (these
are a subset of the PTFs listed for V5R1 in the IBM Info APAR, with the
equivalent V5R2 number). In particular, these are the PTFs required for
suppressing a particular SQL Warning message that first appeared at V5R1
(which caused many iSeries software vendors programs to error, including
various programs in BPCS).

http://ogs.ssax.com/lvlone/products/bulletins/product_bulletins.asp?ID=148

Thanks,

Genyphyr Novak