From: bpcs-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:bpcs-l-admin@midrange.com] On
Behalf Of Rob Stagis
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 1:20 PM
To: bpcs-l@midrange.com
Subject: Starting up the MRP module

I'm on V4.05CD.  We've never implemented MRP, MPS, etc., etc.  We are
using
SFC, PUR, INV, ORD in a 1960's type of computing environment and I've
been
charged with starting MRP up and using it.  We manufacture carbide
cutting
tools - buy a piece, grind on it, maybe do an outside service to it,
inspect
and shelve (or ship) it.

We have some extremely knowledgeable manufacturing guys who can
interpret
MRP terminology and, with my assistance, convert it to BPCS-speak.  My
question is are there any unexpected gotchas in MRP?  Will I come in to
work
one morning to be greeted by irate users, upset management and the
always
dreaded pink slip?

Thanks in advance

Rob