Michael,

We are also on BPCS 6.1.01 and run the ECM jobs ECMECC and ECMEDM in
subsystem ORDERPOST.
Before the save we just cancel this subsystem. We can do this because we
don't have active users at that specific time in the night.
After the save the backup program starts the subsystem ORDERPOST.

I have extended the sussystem description with an autostartjob :
**                       Display Autostart Job Entries
**  Subsystem description:   ORDERPOST      Status:   ACTIVE
** Job/Job Description/Library
** STARTECM/BPCSECM/BPCSUSR

The Job description has a Request data entry : CALL PGM(*LIBL/STRECM)
This are the CL Statements :

/*********************************************************************/
/*  Program       : STRECMC                                          */
/*  Description   : Start ECM Jobs                                   */
/*  Creation Date : 12-03-1999                                       */
/*  Programmer    : P.Heeren                                         */
/*  Description   : Add BPCS program for initiazing *LDA for         */
/*                  BPCS security when using a permanent key         */
/*********************************************************************/
             PGM
/*-----------                                                        */
/* Create BPCS security entry in *LDA.                               */
/*-----------                                                        */
             CALL       PGM(*LIBL/SYS664) PARM('SYS664')
/*-----------                                                        */
/* File TEIB may contain an illegal status because of possible       */
/* forced end in previous automatic submitted run.                   */
/* File TEIB#RESET contains the correct status.                      */
/*-----------                                                        */
             CPYF       FROMFILE(*LIBL/TEIB#RESET) +
                          TOFILE(*LIBL/TEIB) MBROPT(*REPLACE)
/*-----------                                                        */
/* Start ECM - Collection Control Manager                            */
/* via job queue ORDERPOST                                           */
/*-----------                                                        */
             CALL       PGM(ECM905C) PARM('ORDERPOST' ' ' '1' '')
/*-----------                                                        */
/* Start ECM - Dispatch Manager                                      */
/* via job queue ORDERPOST (dlyjob because of locking)               */
/*-----------                                                        */
             DLYJOB     DLY(10)
             CALL       PGM(ECM905C) PARM('ORDERPOST' ' ' '' '1')
             ENDPGM

Remark: Copy file TEIB to TEIB#RESET when the ECM jobs are stopped via the
regular way. TEIB hold the correct status. This status is chekec when the
program is started via ECM905C!.

I hope this helps

Kind regards,

Peter Heeren
Thetford BV

                    mjablonka@mladaboles.fa
                    urecia.com                    To:     bpcs-l@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                      cc:
IMackovych@mladaboles.faurecia.com,
                    bpcs-l-admin@midrange.c
hdeveaux@nanterre.faurecia.com, lpenou@mladaboles.faurecia.com,
                    om                             jhuguet@valencia.faurecia.com
                                                  Subject:     ECM scheduled
start and stop in our Back-up

                    10-09-2002 22:44
                    Please respond to
                    bpcs-l

Hello,

does anyone use some programms to stop and start ECM for the back up,

we are about to develop it, but maybe it is already done (version 6101)

Thanks

Michal

at http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l.

This message, including attached files, may contain confidential
information from THETFORD and is intended only for the use by the
individual and/or the entity to which it is adressed. Any unauthorized use,
dissemination of, or copying of the information contained herein is not
allowed and may lead to irreparable harm and damage for which you may be
held liable. If you receive this message in error or if it is intended for
someone else, please notify the sender by returning this e-mail immediately
and delete the message.

Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any
virus, or any other defect which might affect any computer or IT system
into which they are received and opened, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that they are virus free and no responsibility is
accepted by THETFORD for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt
or use thereof.
THETFORD is liable for neither the proper and complete transmission of the
information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its
receipt.