Item master as a whole

We had a problem a few weeks ago that resulted in our Item Master becoming
a damaged object.  There was an error message with the backup that told us
what files could not be backed up for this reason.  Does your backup have
any error messages?  You can check that with DSPLOG F4 for whole system at
the time the backup was run.

Studying suspect items

There is only one item this is happening with?
All other items are Ok?
What is in IIM ITSEQ for the item this is happening with?
Is it all zeros, all nines, something else?

It happens when you use facility 10.
What happens when you leave facility blank?

The DUMMY item you created, then added only one transaction, same problem.
Many other items you have, no problem.
Can you compare field for field DUMMY and original that this happening with
vs. items that are working fine, to see what fields are different?

Memory Key

You have this problem - have you tried different work stations to see if
the behavior pattern is different at different connections?

When you are on a vanilla BPCS menu what options do you get with F14?
When you are on an internal company BPCS menu what options do you get with F13?
What happens when you press the ATTENTION key? (ESCAPE if you on a PC
keyboard).

Check remembered keys info in BPCS_L archives
http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l/200005/msg00104.html

Do your work stations use fixed addresses or are they variable?
http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l/199908/msg00132.html
http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l/200012/msg00091.html

Perhaps you can help me.  I have a requirement to write some software to
delete items we have not made in eons and believe we will never make
again.  This desired to automate process because items all over the place,
and it is time consuming to kill them one item one file at a time -
history, routings BOM, costs ... I don't suppose when you searched BPCS to
delete item you didn't come up with a list of all the places that needed to
be cleared out?

>DeeDee >>
> >>Maybe you have a memory key set on that is automatically filling in one of
> >> the selection parameters which would narrow or null your search...
>I never set the memory key. Because I don't know how to do that.
>How come I see the memory key ?
>

>Jim Martens >>
> >>We are on 6.04 mm and experienced a similar problem. We found that it only
> >>happened on one item and this item had the highest sequence by item number
> >>in the IIM file which would be the last item number in the file.  SSA
> >>created a B bmr for this problem which is not completed.  We just added a
> >>dummy item of all 9s for the item number and then we could see the history
> >>for our last real item.
>
>Actually this problem already happened last 4 months ago.
>I already ask SSA and they didn't find the problem.
>SSA ask me to DELETE the item and create a new item for this.
>Can you imagine .. I have to check the whole BPCS system for delete this
>item ? :) :)
>Last time, I think maybe I wrong in create the item master, but this same
>problem come out again.
>
>Same with you Jim, this only happened on one item.
>I already check the RIGHT and WRONG item both in file IIM and ITH,  there is
>no difference.
>
>Sorry Jim,  I want to ask you again. So, you have 2 item for same item. Is
>it right ?
>I already follow your suggestion.
>I copy one DUMMY for that Item and do some transaction for DUMMY item.
>The result is the history from the NO DISPLAY ITEM, now  will display.
>BUT  funny, the history for DUMMY Item  NO come out (BLANK !!)
>Is it same happen with you ?
>
>Thank you.
>
>Inderawati

-
Al Macintyre (macwheel99@sigecom.net via Eudora)
Al's diary http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/
Scandal Map http://www.markpoyser.netfirms.com/diagrams.htm
Cure cancer. http://members.ud.com/about/

Driver Alert: Back to school Kids imminent (Aug 12 in Evansville
Indiana).  This means after a lull of months without bunches of kids
careless about crossing the street, we're going to have that again, so be
on your toes, extra watch out.