N E W S  R E L E A S E

NEXGEN COMPLETES RECORD QUARTER FOR NEXGENCOMMERCE(tm) e-BUSINESS SOLUTION

Eight companies choose e-commerce solution to extend their BPCS
capabilities to the web

NAPERVILLE, IL - July 8, 2002.  Nexgen Software Technologies, Inc.
announced today that eight companies licensed Nexgen's flagship e-Commerce
software package NexgenCommerce(tm) during the second quarter ended June
30, 2002.  NexgenCommerce provides complete web portal access to popular
iSeries (AS/400) enterprise software packages including BPCS(R), PRMS(tm),
MAPICS(tm) and J.D. Edwards WorldSoftware(tm).

DESIGNED FOR BPCS, NEXGENCOMMERCE PROMOTES EASE OF IMPLEMENTATION AND
MAINTENANCE

Chris Gray is the Financial Services Product Manager for Lindsay
Manufacturing Co. headquartered in Omaha, NE, a world leader in
technology-driven irrigation systems under the Zimmatic(R), Greenfield(R),
and GrowSmart(tm) brand names.  "We looked at many products that didn't
have this capability," said Gray.  "With any other eCommerce approach, we
would need to invest several months' worth of IT resources to configure the
back-end and connect it to our BPCS system.  We can't afford that kind of
time and effort.  Nexgen's product has done all that work for us."

R & B Wagner, Inc., one of The Wagner Companies of Milwaukee, WI, is a
manufacturer of pipe and tubular fittings for railings.  "The Wagner
Companies has been searching for an e-commerce solution for several years,"
according to Anthony Leto, Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
"We were most impressed with Nexgen's product because of its ease of use --
permitting us to maintain and update our site in-house -- and its direct
compatibility with our existing BPCS software.  The level of service we
have received from Nexgen in the past gave us the confidence to proceed
with them on this new project."

TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE YIELDS EXPECTED AND UNEXPECTED BENEFITS

Wayne Bruning is Vice President of Information Technology at The Lucks
Company of Seattle, WA, a manufacturer of innovative Edible Image(R) edible
decorating products as well as high-performance bakery equipment.  "We set
out to find a way to 'web enable' BPCS and enhance customer service to our
dealer/distributor network via the internet," said Bruning.  "We limited
our search to companies that claimed to provide packaged solutions for
BPCS.  NexgenCommerce is the only one that truly met our need.
NexgenCommerce is an excellent fit since it builds on our existing Lotus
Domino infrastructure and provides a fully integrated web portal for BPCS
using tools we're already familiar with.

"Now, beyond our original objective, we also plan to use NexgenCommerce as
our internal interface for BPCS Order Entry.  Our customer service reps
will simply log on to BPCS using our intranet.  We'll be able to replace
our current BPCS client-server order entry application while making a
tremendous improvement in order entry speed and usability."

ABOUT NEXGENCOMMERCE

NexgenCommerce is an extensive web-based trading platform featuring
immediate order placement and real-time visibility into the ERP system.
The product provides key ERP functionality through the web including:
pricing, inventory availability, credit checking, order status, customer
and ship-to maintenance, and much more.  NexgenCommerce also incorporates
key web features such as a search engine, custom catalog, user
registration, credit card processing, shipment tracking, multi-lingual
support, and customer email notification.

NexgenCommerce lowers the total cost of a project by eliminating the
programming normally required to develop a web portal capable of
transacting enterprise data.  With NexgenCommerce, most companies can have
a fully functional online customer service and order entry capability
running in a few weeks.

In addition to essential web-based customer service features, the
NexgenCommerce architecture provides a solid foundation for emerging
e-business requirements like collaboration and web services.  Nexgen also
provides wireless and detached mode support for Palm and Pocket PC-based
devices.

ABOUT NEXGEN

Nexgen Software Technologies, Inc. is the world's largest independent BPCS
and PRMS consulting company.  Since 1990, Nexgen has helped companies
realize the full value and potential of their ERP systems.  Nexgen,
headquartered in Naperville, Illinois, provides business consulting
services and complementary products to users of several packages on the
IBM(R) iSeries(tm) (AS/400(tm)) platform: BPCS(R) and PRMS(tm) from SSA
Global Technologies(tm), and WorldSoftware(tm) and OneWorld(R) from J.D.
Edwards.  The company also develops and markets NexgenCommerce(tm), a suite
of e-business applications that seamlessly integrate with BPCS, PRMS,
WorldSoftware, and also with XA(tm) from MAPICS(tm).  Information is
available at +1 (630) 300-6000 or on the web at www.nexgencommerce.com.

NexgenCommerce is a trademark of Nexgen Software Technologies, Inc.  All
other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

###

CONTACT INFORMATION:
Gerard Wolf
Nexgen Software Technologies, Inc.