Hello,

I think that Dean has a good point about printing limitations in BPCS (ie,
only allowing 1 printer in the user's workstation data area). We would
welcome suggestions for what printing-related enhancements our V6/V8 clients
would like in future releases of BPCS.

Also, to stop speculation on the number of characters the programs 'pay
attention to' in V6.x and higher BPCS releases, I am enclosing here a
section of the V8.0.00 installation guide (I believe the same or similar
language was also on the V6.1.00 install document for AS/400)

Please note that there is no longer a CIM product at this release:

" Support of TCP/IP protocol for 5250 ( green screen ) emulation in BPCS
BPCS recognizes workstation IDs of nine digits or fewer when creating
Workstation Data areas. SSA GT recommends that you create your environments
with workstation IDs of nine digits or fewer. The current version of Client
Access from IBM provides the ability to set a user-defined workstation name
for green screen emulation (5250) sessions when running over TCP/IP. This
will prevent errors in BPCS, which occur when the OS/400 default naming
convention of QPADEVnnnn is used for TCP/IP sessions. Contact your IBM
representative if you require this product. BPCS does not support the use of
any 10-character device names, including the QPADEVnnnn naming convention."

 Thanks,

Genyphyr Novak

SSA Global Technologies