News Release

Nexgen Now Shipping NexgenCommerce/Wireless for BPCS(R)

New wireless product expands BPCS(R) web access and functionality beyond
the desktop

Naperville, IL-February 28, 2002.  Nexgen Software Technologies, Inc. today
announced availability of NexgenCommerce/Wireless(tm) which extends its
flagship web storefront solution for BPCS users.  For years,
NexgenCommerce(tm) customers have enjoyed the benefits of scalable and
secure web-based access to their BPCS software systems without costly and
complex middleware.  Now, Nexgen extends that reach to a large variety of
wireless handheld devices including PDA's, web-phones, industrial
terminals, and pocket email devices.

With NexgenCommerce/Wireless, mobile sales teams and field service
personnel can have direct and real-time access to BPCS while they are on
the go.  Mobile access is not limited to inquiry functions or lookups.
NexgenCommerce provides full transaction support such as remote order
entry, inventory allocation and the immediate revision of customer
information.

"Using NexgenCommerce/Wireless, practically any transaction you would ever
want to make in BPCS can now be performed with the convenience of a
handheld device and a wireless connection" says Dan Mitchell, Chief
Technology Officer for Nexgen.  Mitchell continues, "There is a lot of
confusion in the wireless space among customers and vendors right now
because of evolving standards and technologies.  We believe that we have
found a robust and powerful wireless approach that is going to come through
the shakeout on top."

NexgenCommerce/Wireless operates on any of a variety of nationwide public
networks including CDPD, Datatac, OpenWave, Palm.net, Mobitex and iMode.
The system can also be implemented on wireless LANs including 802.11a/b.
"Being able to run on a wireless LAN allows us to extend NexgenCommerce
into the plant," suggests Roger Jarman, NexgenCommerce Product Manager.
"By combining lower-cost palm-based barcode readers with NexgenCommerce
shop floor and inventory functionality we now have a flexible alternative
to dedicated plant floor RF systems."

NexgenCommerce/Wireless utilizes adaptive web rendering technology that
automatically transforms the web-based, NexgenCommerce BPCS interfaces into
a format suitable for hand-held sized screens.  "The major difficulty with
palm devices is data entry and screen size" says Rick Halsten, General
Manager of Nexgen. "With NexgenCommerce/Wireless we have found a way to
give the mobile customer a highly usable interface without having to
reengineer our applications."

About Nexgen

Nexgen Software Technologies, Inc. is the world's largest independent BPCS
consulting company.  Since 1990, Nexgen has helped companies realize the
full value and potential of their ERP systems.  Nexgen, headquartered in
Naperville, Illinois, provides business consulting services and
complementary products to users of several packages on the IBM(R)
iSeries(tm) (AS/400(tm)) platform: BPCS(R) from SSA GT(tm),
WorldSoftware(R) and OneWorld(R) from J.D. Edwards, and PRMS(tm) from
Computer Associates.  The company also develops and markets NexgenCommerce,
a suite of e-business web-front applications that seamlessly integrate with
BPCS, WorldSoftware, PRMS, and also with XA(tm) from MAPICS(tm).  To learn
more, contact Gerard Wolf, Vice President of Sales, at +1 (630) 300-6000 or
info@nexgensoftware.com.  Information is also available on the web at
www.nexgencommerce.com.

###

NexgenCommerce and NexgenCommerce/Wireless are trademarks of Nexgen
Software Technologies, Inc.  All other trademarks are the property of their
respective owners.