Some general tips:

If you experience BPCS performance changes after upgrading your OS/400
release, please report those to both the SSA GT and IBM Support Centers,
after first checking Info APAR II12963 and making sure you have all listed
PTFs applied to your system. There have been some reported issues, which can
be resolved via PTFs and occasionally some new access paths, due to
optimiser behavior changes between OS releases.

Please be prepared to give details of the programs involved and changes in
times you have noticed.

If you have any performance data which you saved from prior to the OS
upgrade, that is also helpful for comparison. For instance, a backup of the
program objects taken on your old OS/400 release will show the SQL access
plans saved with that objects, and this will show the access paths and join
methods used by the SQL optimiser prior to the upgrade (via PRTSQLINF).

Restore the object(s) in question to separate library (from the backup
tape), and run the PRTSQLINF command on them (do NOT run them on the new OS
level before you do this!). You can compare this information to a PRTSQLINF
of the program after running on the new OS level, and see if the access
method has changed to the detriment of the program performance. This could
help identify a PTF or workaround to the issue.

If a new problem not covered on the Info APAR II11293 is discovered, please
be sure to ask the SSA GT or IBM Support Center to add the resulting PTF or
workaround to the Info APAR.

Thanks,

Genyphyr Novak
SSA GT