Steven

I do my e-mail from home so sometimes it is a bit vague, but I have over 10
years BPCS experience so I remember a lot of trivia.  Right now I was
enjoying a 4 day USA holiday weekend, in the middle of which my home PC went
down inexplicably & I just got it back up thanks to serious help from Norton
Rescue diskettes ... an hour into that it ran out of space on undo diskette
(I had a LOT of stuff go crazy at same time).

WRKOBJ K* F4 ... select physical files only ... you should get a reference
list of the main files used by MRP.

>From AS/400 Command Line GO CMDREF which will get you to a menu (only one
option on it) from which you can get at a directory of what is called by a
program ... other programs, files, etc.  Several gotchas to watch out for:
This only goes down one level, so you need to run it for what it calls, if
you not familiar with some of those pieces;
I think there are some other limitations on what IBM gets at, but I forget;
You need to include *ALL if you not familiar with BPCS architecture;
When a MENU says MRP250 ... it is USUALLY running MRP250C (CL) so start there
for your IBM XREF;
Some BPCS programs have "soft calls" where "call what" is populated at run
time & the IBM cross-reference loses track of that in this top-down analysis;
Even though a program may be setup to use a particular logical, at runtime
the IBM optimizer may actually use some other logical, based on what you are
doing.

I also ran this IBM XREF for most of BPCS library list libraries to an
*OUTFILE from which I can do a query from the bottom up ... list me all
programs that call this other program or access this file.

If I remember correctly, there are a bunch of criteria on the MRP250 prompt
screen that would influence which logicals would make the most sense to use.

The data on MRP250 is only as good as your last MRP500 MRP600 for that
facility.

We have modified the MRP250 report to make it more readable ... it does all
the same logic, but our vertical spacing makes it less likely to confuse what
goes with what.

It might be constructive for you to review the MRP documentation.
You do know about all the stuff in menu DOC? ... If you are comfortable with
IBM PDM, you might prefer to see where BPCSDOC is in the library list &
access it that way.
We have several of the MRP manuals, but this is something where if you have
not been to one of the BPCS MRP classes, you will always be operating like
both hands tied behind your back.  I have been to some of the MRP education &
now I feel that I only have one hand tied behind my back.

> From: xiaobo_shen@email.com (xiaobo shen)
>
>  Hello everybody, do you know the logical for Releasable order report (
> MRP250D)? System will consider all facility and planer code and finally
give
> a report for a special facility and planner code? or not? what files will
be
> considered and what logical used?  Does the KRO file a temporary file,
means
> it will dynamically created and deleted when running report?
>  I'm still new to BPCS. maybe my question seems funny and simple, but it's
> helpful for me and it's very appreciate for your kindly response.
>
>  Steven Shen

BPCS 405 CD Manager / Programmer @ Global Wire Technologies Incorporated
http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com = new name same quality wire
engineering company: fax # 812-424-6838