>From version 6.04 and onwards the package is written enterally in
AS/Set+embeded SQL
therefore the performance is worse .
with subfile you can not go back once you positioned you have to
reposition...
like i said if you build the right logical ith ecl ech sih and so on the
package will start to react like you know from version 4 i have been thru
that in December 1998 when i upgraded v4.2 to 6.04 .
also think of upgrading the machine by disk size ( source are huge inv500d2
can not be seen thru regular seu because it is more then 32764 lines..) and
memory i did that in all 3 sites.
good luck
Danny

                    dweaver1@mmm.co
                    m                      To:     bpcs-l@midrange.com
                    Sent by:               cc:
                    bpcs-l-admin@mi        Subject:     Re: Poor Response Times
... BPCS INV
                    drange.com

                    21/11/2001
                    18:53
                    Please respond
                    to bpcs-l

Al Mac - many thanks for a comprehensive reply.
I've got a few things to check now.

BEWARE - V6 seems to read ITH in a different way to V4 (we upgraded from
this).
V4 seems to get a 'screenfull' of data & read more when the user request
another page - response-times were OK here with this....
V6 seems to get everything (for that part number) & gives little delay when
the user requests another page - just a huge delay initially....