Dana ...

We run BOM900 monthly.  My understanding of low level codes work is that
that's what causes the MRP cycle to run as "deeply" as it needs to.  We
have bills where the end bill might have 15 - 20 (one actually has 86!)
levels of intermediates that go into them.  If your low level code is a
"3", for example, and you have an intermediate that is buried at the fifth
level, you'll never see a demand for that intermediate.

Some of the things you need to think about when considering how often to
run BOM900 are how deep your bills are, how often they change or you add
new ones, and how often you run your MRP cycle.  (Because we run MRP
nightly, I know manufacturing would prefer if we could run BOM900 nightly
as well, so they'd never miss a requirement, but that's not practical.)

(By the way, for future reference, it's very helpful if you note what
version of BPCS you're on when you post a question ... we're on 4.0.5 (non
CD), but things often work differently if you're on later versions,
although my understanding is that the manufacturing side is pretty much the
same.)

                    Dana.M.Buker@dupont
                    pharma.com                 To:     <bpcs-l@midrange.com>
                    Sent by:                   cc:
                    bpcs-l-admin@midran        Subject:     (no subject)
                    ge.com

                    10/03/2001 08:51 AM
                    Please respond to
                    bpcs-l

Hello, all.

We needed to run BOM900 yesterday in order to resequence low level codes
and allow MRP600 to plan properly.  The last time we needed to do this was
literally years ago.  Anyone know what causes the low level codes to need
this action?  Anyone run BOM900 on a regular schedule?  If so, why and how
often?

Thanks for any help.

dana.m.buker@dupontpharma.com
Dana Buker