From: kmiller@ssax.com [mailto:kmiller@ssax.com]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 3:00 PM
To: BPCS-L@midrange.com
Subject: RE: AS/Set

Sonny

Changes were made to the repository for V8.0.00.  Therefore it is not
recommended that you use V8 AS/SET with V6.X BPCS

Kari

Sonny Kim <Sonny.Kim@mail.cone.com> on 07/13/2001 09:10:35 AM

Please respond to BPCS-L@midrange.com

To:   "'BPCS-L@midrange.com'" <BPCS-L@midrange.com>
cc:    (bcc: Kari Miller/SSA/US)

A question to Kari at SSA:
Are you saying AS/SET V8 can't be use with a older version of AS/SET
Repository?

I have not worked on V8 yet but I don't see why AS/SET V8 couldn't be use by
it self or with older BPCS version. I've been working with AS/SET since BPCS
V5.X through V6.1.01. Older version of AS/SET code can always be used on the
newer one, long as the AS/SET Repository is in sink.
The AS/SET is a code generator. This means it can be use as a stand along
product. There are few software vendors out there who use AS/SET to generate
objects for AS/400.

Thanks,
Sonny