  • Subject: Re: AS400 V4R4 File Sizes Needed, Please Help...
  • From: "Terri Harteau" <tshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 11:57:10 -0500

Hi,
    We also had a problem with our BPCSF file getting larger. I started
running the following to keep track of sizes.

    Run DSPFD for *ALL files in BPCSF.
    The type of info is *MBRLIST.
    I put it out to *OUTFILE
    File attributes is *PF

I then run two queries. One will list all the files, # of members, # of
records, deleted records & size.

I then run another query to compare the first file I created like this to
the one I ran this week. I print any files that are + or - 5% of the
original file. It gives a good idea of what is growing, without looking at
all the files.

Terri Harteau
tshaw@felkerbrothers.com
Felker Brothers Corp.
Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.