  • Subject: Re: Retrieving source definition - finding source file info in ILE programs
  • From: "genyphyr novakg" <novakg@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 03:51:27 -0500

Hello,

If you want to get this information into a file rather than viewing it
interactively, you can try using OS/400 APIs; the system has several object
APIs for ILE objects which retrieve this information into lists etc.. Such
as QBNLPGMI - List ILE Program Information. Since an ILE program can
potentially be made up of many many modules, you'll have to code for all
that in your info retrieval program.

The new release of BPCS will be in ILE, so this is going to become a more
common request in future, I would imagine.

Thanks

Genyphyr Novak
SSA Global Technologies

PS - back from programming for V8....and leave tomorrow for a 1 month
hiatus....back in July!
 - heard it was in the 80s in Banff this week......