  • Subject: Re: BPCS Integration query
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 00:37:21 EDT

Dean suggested a couple good places to ask about this ... a 3rd option might
be the e-400 group
http://www.ignite400.org/

There are several 3rd party B2B options that it is my understanding are
integrated with BPCS 4.5.
If you are unfamiliar with this reality, check out these URLs.

http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/
http://www.nexgeninfo.com/
www.lansa.com
http://www.midrangesystems.com/breaknewsdisp.asp?ID=3084

this is not a complete collection - other people in BPCS_L will probably tell
you about some more such places - there are an awful lot of other places that
advertise that their B2B talks to BPCS but I cannot figure out from their web
sites if they are only for V6

If your client is not totally sold on the B2B which is apparently, judging
from your post, not already integrated with BPCS 4.5, you might consider the
less hassle approach of using Ironside or Lansa or one ot the other options
from the above URLs.

If your client really wants the non-BPCS B2B, it might be simpler, although
perhaps more expensive, to communicate from that B2B to a real BPCS B2B as
opposd to the BPCS EDI approach that you suggested.

Warning: BPCS 4.5 EDI is not the same package as BPCS V6 EDI so you got
upgrade path planning issues.