This is an auto-reply...

I am out of the office from 3/14/01 thru 3/16/01 returning on 3/19/01.  Please
contact the helpdesk at 8817 if you need immediate assistance.

Thank you.
Roberta Brockman
AS/400 Development Mgr.
Trinity Industries, Inc.
(214)589-8220

>>> "BPCS-L@midrange.com" 03/14/01 03:11 >>>

>>> "BPCS-L@midrange.com" 03/14/01 02:48 >>>

>>> "BPCS-L@midrange.com" 03/14/01 02:36 >>>

>>> "BPCS-L@midrange.com" 03/14/01 02:14 >>>

>>> "BPCS-L@midrange.com" 03/14/01 01:39 >>>

>>> "BPCS-L@midrange.com" 03/14/01 00:58 >>>

>  Also - not all SIH will have RAR (Order Types affect whether there is
> Sales and A/R impact).

Could the reverse be true?

We have managed to have some shipments leave our facility with no price.  A
timing oversight I imagine ... sometimes new customer requirements are added
so that BOM will order the raw materials, before the customer has approved
the samples or we have figured out exactly the best way to make the product,
then we go back later & update records with info we did not know at the
beginning, but the customers are anxious & it is possible the first shipment
will get to them before all the data is into our data base.

I asked the Billing clerk what is the procedure for catching & repairing this
sort of thing & basically SOMEONE happens to notice it & she does a Billing
correction.

So I took the SS* history & back computed average price from recent sales
shipments invoicing & compared it to list price & listed items with
significant discrepancy.
Some of these items our people had not been previously aware of.
Apparently when multiple lines on an invoice are wrong, it is more difficult
to spot all of them than when only one line is wrong.

But most of them someone had previously fixed & it was explained to me that
when we do a Billing adjustment via BIL6 something or other option, all they
can do is $ connection to customer, they cannot connect to the ITEM that was
shipped unless someone does an adjustment to the original order & even then
the only thing that makes sense is an ECS line, which will simulate item on
the invoice correction, but not write to item summary SS* files.

I am figuring that this scenario writes RAR to customer receivables, but
lacks the usual S* file detail.

When I do billing, I list the BB* story first & check if anything is missing
price, then I plug it into BB* & the Billing appears to come out fine, but I
suspect there may be some problems that need to be adjusted to avoid messing
up the profits since a lot of data comes from ITH, & B transaction has
already been incorrectly populated by shipping, long before we are adjusting
input to billing, & that incorrect data is what goes into the GL.  At this
point it is too late to fix the customer order, for purposes of this billing,
because it has wrongly populated the shipping records.  We do fix the order
if it is still open, so that hopefully history does not repeat on the next
shipment.

I also now run a report every day that lists customer order lines that have
managed to mislay the price.

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838

+---