  • Subject: Re: Product allocation
  • From: "Devin Bowen" <devinbowen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 13:52:31 -0800

You are not missing anything.  This is the way BPCS allocation processing works (alpha location code order for allocation assignments).  You can specify a DEFAULT or FORCED location, but this LIMITS allocation to JUST that location (no other locations will be allocated from using batch allocation - probably not what you want - I have used a FORCED location as a sort of forward pick line "location" with non-BPCS reports used to identify requirements and transfer product to this location prior to allocation runs, but this may not work for you).

ZONE/PICK SEQUENCE settings in the LOCATION MASTER (ILM) are for the "Batch Pull" Picklist ONLY.  It simply orders the picklist based on your specified sequence to route the picker in the most efficient path.  It has absolutely nothing to do with allocation creation rules.  This is too bad, but the way it is.

All I can recommend (without modification to standard BPCS code) is to name your locations in the order that you'd like BPCS to allocate from them.  I'm not suggesting that this is a good solution, but it is a work-around.  Maybe the FORCED location will work for you.  By the way - if you're lot controlled - BPCS allocates oldest lot (first expiring) regardless of location.  If the lot exists in two locations, BPCS will allocate the product in the lowest # code location first and then move on in location code order.  Basically location is the second sort (after lot expiration date).

Hope this helps,

Devin

Devin Bowen
Enterprise Application Solutions