Hella,

I've done it on 6.1.00 GA some time back and whilst memory is hazy I recall
that its relatively easy if you follow the install instructions.  As IRC the
installation includes the inventory transaction as an example.

SMG's require a separate BPCSUSR library that contains an INLIBL  data area
that contains the SMG libs.

We have the following naming standards.
BPCPRD1SMG              the SMG user lib that replaces  BPCPRD1USR as the
home of the INLIBL data area
SMG611RELS              The SMGRELEASE lib that holds  Worldcfg file amongst
other things.
SMG611OMS               the comms lib which contains all the NEWI pgms
SMG611DOCA              contains the Client server versions of the menu pgm
SYS500D
SMG611MMSP              This is the Mixed Mode Support lib and basically
contains the Client Server versions of pgms that SMG's use.
                        If you are in a C/s system then you wouldn't need
these.

The WorldCfg file in the SMG611RELS lib contains the code that launches the
Batch jobs that are the SMG worlds.  You can have many worlds if you copy
the stanza's and rename the worlds.

As for ECM specifics......

Tricky bit is remembering to set up the Adapter parameter for ECM623 in
ECM110D3.

DOCAPOST     10   A   SMG Posting Program Name   ECM623BS
MIXMPOST     10   A   Batch Posting Program Nam  ECM623BS
POSTDBASE    25   A   NEWI Posting Database      ECMDBASE - your SMG usr lib
eg BPCPRD1SMG
POSTPASS     10   A   NEWI Posting Password      ECM      - A valid BPCS
User's password
POSTUSER     10   A   NEWI Posting User          ECM      - A valid BPCS
User - Set up ECM for simplicty
POSTWORLD    25   A   NEWI Posting World         SMG      - Name of your
chosen world in WORLDCFG file

We found that the SMG was slow and that adding ECM's over-engineered
workload made things worse.  Additionally we had a bizaare loss of
transactions even though ECM said they'd processed fine.   This turned out
to be some form of latentency in the ECM/SMG process whereby ECM received
back control before the SMG ODO job had closed down.   ECM submitted the
next transaction too quickly and it wasn't processed but still picked up the
Ok message!  We had to add an extra program to the adapter suite to delay
things by 3 seconds to allow the SMG to complete ok.

End result was 7-10 seconds per transaction!

I suggest you talk to SSA Europe who have created a program called BPCS
Exchange that talks directly to the SMG and can source data from files, Data
queues and even MQSeries.

We're using it here and with some effort I'm running 16 Order Entry Worlds
from one input file and using file overrides to get spearate copies of the
audit files that Exchange outputs.

We've also used Exchange for Inventory transactions with good success.

Exchange isn't cheap but price is negotiable these days and its miles better
than ECM which doesn't allow you access to multiple instances of the SMG.
16 concurrent SMG's are much faster than the single threaded scenario that
ECM gives you.

E-mail me offline and I'll give you the name of my Exchange contact at SSA
Europe.

If you are commited to ECM I'll try and locate the Inventory example
documentation that SSA used to ship with 6.004.

Regards

Graham Smith
EBM Project
Stockley Park,
Telephone + 44 208 756 5149

> ----------

 This email and any attachments are confidential and solely
 for the use of the intended recipient.  They may contain
 material protected by legal professional or other privilege.
 If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible
 for delivering to the intended recipient, you are not authorised
 to and must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this email
 or its attachments.  Although this email and its attachments
 are believed to be free of any virus or other defect, it is the
 responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free
 and no responsibility is accepted by the company for any
 loss or damage arising from receipt or use thereof.