  • Subject: Re: Reports with different total outstanding A/R
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 09:13:08 EST

From Al Macintyre - I may get back to you later after checking further.  I do
my e-mail from home PC, using twinax while I am at the office 400, so most of
my BPCS_L replies are off the top of my head's BPCS experience, unless some
question intrigues me sufficiently to check it out & reply again later.

I would have to look up RREM in RAR to see if that means remaining amount not
yet paid that might include multiple months & what month-to-date figure CAMTD
represents in RCM.

Do you have access to your BPCS source code ... either RPG or AS/Set &
someone on staff who can figure it out?

Do you have any of the BPCS manuals or are you just stuck with the standard
documentation menu?

We have found it convenient to create some query/400 lists off of
SIL ... history of the actual invoicing detail
SSD & SSH ... summary of sales shipments invoiced
One of those files - I not remember which - has month 01 02 03 etc.
Month 01 is LAST MONTH that went through end-month processing
Month 02 is prior month
When you are looking at $ data in those files, remember that it is accurate
as of when the actual transaction took place - the price then, the standard
cost then.
Some BPCS reports use current data - I always have to look at the source code
& file layouts to know which is the case.
The only file I have found that has both standard cost and actual cost &
price data at the time of the transaction is ITH inventory history.

Another query/400 tip
We do some billing corrections with post ship billing total to customer, thus
reports off of SIL SSD SSH that give a total activity & unit computed by
customer item will not include billing corrections that do not include what
item or CPO they are for.

>  From:    cmassoglia@voyager.net
>
>  When we run various A/R reports, we get a different A/R balance.
>
>  11/ACR (ACR400B), 12/ACR (ACR410B), and 30/ACR01 (ACR410B) give one
>  total.
>
>  13/ARC (ACR430B) gives another.
>
>  None of these reports agree with the total of RREM in RAR or CAMTD in
>  RCM.
>
>  Any suggestions?

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838

+---