Folks,

What is up with the current lack of IMHO articles at midrange.com?  I am
hardly the only one with an opinion here :)!  David has offered us a
wonderful forum in which to express our opinions, desires, complaints, tips,
and techniques on virtually all things midrange.  It's open to everybody, yet
virtually _NOBODY_ is taking advantage of it (including some of the
supposedly regular contributors).

I'll admit a few lapses of content myself due to vacation, deadlines, and
writer's block; however, are you telling me that _none_ of the thousands of
people out there can collectively come up with a "Guest Commentary" on a
regular basis?  I get appropriate "Guest Commentaries" almost weekly from
people "off list" (and you know who you are).  Heck, sometimes I think that
IMHO could host a robust "bust on Dean" column :)!  (BTW, I've been known to
take a position just to see if anyone will knowledgeably refute it from time
to time.)

Gripe about IBM, praise IBM, gripe about third party vendors, praise third
party vendors.  Show your expertise as you do here every single day.  If you
want to be a regular contributor, I'm sure that David will let you.  The
point is, _CONTRIBUTE_.  Publishing on IMHO is no different logistically than
publishing on these lists.  I cannot buy the "my employer won't let me"
excuse for not writing for IMHO when everything you post here is archived for
all to see and the same disclaimers appear on the IMHO site.

Stir something up, help someone out, enrich us all by writing an IMHO article
-- you won't be sorry...

JMHO,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance" -- Confucius
"A man's gotta' know his limitations" -- Dirty Harry
Coincidence?  I think not...