  • Subject: Re: APICS comparison of ERP Software
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:12:56 EST

Tongue in cheek spoiler warning ... I am only kidding about the conspiracy
... it explains a lot but there has got to be another explanation.

How many ERP software packages are in the comparison?
If the number is only a few thousand then it is far from complete.

To do an honest comparison of packages, any practicioner has to limit what to
look at, because there is a virtual infinity of platforms & software that
runs on them.

Are you able to get the APICS list into a data base listing what packages
they did compare?
Are you able to get the Midrange ERP list also into such a data base.
Once a year there is an issue of
www.MidrangeEnterprise.com
in which they compare thousands of ERP packages for the midrange market,
including BPCS, in which midrange is defined as mid sized companies running
on AS/400, UNIX, or NT

Now if you are able to get both lists into files for comparison to find what
is in one list but not in the other list, are the ones missing from APICS
consistently for a particular computer platform?  The reason I ask is that
there is a well orchestrated anti-IBM conspiracy out there that is long
overdue for the US Justice Department to give them hell ... the damage to the
global economy is far worse, in my opinion, than the behavior of Microsoft &
effectively is responsible for the serious problems the world now has with
computer security, hackers, cyber-terrorism, viruses of epidemic proportions.

We have a large economy of people selling solutions to hackers, viruses, and
other malware, because most computer systems do not fall in the list of
secure systems such as those listed at
http://www.radium.ncsc.mil/tpep/epl/epl-by-vendor.html
or they are on that list but not properly secured
because people have been sold on the idea that computer security is an
oxymoron so they have to buy all this stuff to protect them
when it was possible to get a secure computer in the first place
by following the IBM standards that there is this conspiracy to conceal
and there are people at the very top of IBM who are part of the concealment
effort.

For info on the conspiracy that I am talking about, check out AS/400 Network
http://www.as400network.com
first community on the list = AS/400 Advancement Forum
Related Articles
A revealing look at the IT Press (Aug 1998)
http://www.as400network.com/article.cfm?ID=2815

If you correlate the statistics of the number of manufacturers using BPCS &
other midrange packages according to statistics like those in Midrange ERP
magazine, with the packages selected for some comparisons, you will find that
there is an apparent conspiracy out there to exclude certain very popular
products from some reviews & the only constant I am seeing is this anti-IBM
anti-AS/400 bias in which lists of servers, lists of software packages, lists
of hacker-free high security high performance computer systems from IBM are
excluded.  Now part of this is IBM Marketing responsibility, but part of it
is something that the US Justice Department needs to investigate.

> Subj:  APICS comparison of ERP Software
>  Date:    01/19/2001 12:43:18 AM Central Standard Time
>  From:    Bharat.Balsavar@IN.nestle.com (Balsavar,Bharat,MOGA,ISD)
>
>  Happened to get a copy of the 'APICS ERP Software comparison' (corrected
>  version) for year 2000.
>
>  BPCS is not in the table! Or, is the print too small that I missed it!!!
>
>  Would any one on the list know possible reasons for this?
>
>  Always thought BPCS was a popular ERP package.
>  Am very much surprised to not find it in the comparison.
>  Bharat D Balsavar - BPCS Implementation Support Team
>  Nestlé India Limited
>  Moga Factory, MOGA 142001 (Punjab), INDIA
>  Phone: +91-1636-36280 to 36290   x 2220
>  Fax: +91-1636-36279 and 36509
>  e-mail: bharat.balsavar@in.nestle.com

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838

+---