>  From:    iph35@hotmail.com (Shing Yik Chen)
>
>  Hi,
>
>  I need to simulate a SFC release through a BPCS client machine and  wonder
>  is there any parameter setup need to be done so that the process on labour
>  tickets be called. I have done SFC creation on green screen  but without
>  routing and work centers, so appreciate if anyone out there could help on
>  this. Thanks...
>
>  Bye,
>  Julia

Could you clarify a bit what you mean?

When you say client machine ... do you mean client in the sense that the
client is a customer of yours ... no, you would not be asking that question
here ... if you are a consultant you already know how SFC works or you not in
the BPCS business.

I assume you mean client in the sense of client access to AS/400.

Has this client machine been releasing shop orders in the past & not
producing the kind of output the users want?

When you say simulation, do you mean test environment where you pilot testing
something, or do you mean copy MRP to simulation area & within that area you
also want to create simulation firm orders?

In theory everything you can do on BPCS mixed mode software on AS/400 mixed
mode machine, you can also do on BPCS client server version on AS/400 client
server, because SSA GT provides different kinds of BPCS versions for
different kinds of client environments, but it is the same ERP under the
AS/Set covers.  Also while we have BPCS mixed mode software, we have a
mixture of green screen, PC emulation, Client Access PCs, so we know the BPCS
mixed mode software works on a variety of ways PCs talke to the AS/400.

We normally generate labor tickets when we run our shop order release, &
while you can do individual orders via SFC500 then SFC520, we use MRP250 I
think it is for most of our releases, in which we release the orders due in
next couple of weeks & I think we should be using the JIT path because we key
most of our factory reporting via JIT600 & we get labor tickets on all orders
due soon, then use those labor tickets to report back the factory work.

We have extensively modified the program in the SFC52 job stream that
actually prints the labor tickets ... we include the step by step
instructions how to make the part, we include the end items & commons where
used, in a reference chart, the part going into the first operation, revision
# that was current at time of order release, and lots more.

Because we are also an Engineer to Order shop, it is not unusual to have
Customer Requirements Live before we have determined the best way to make a
new part & before the Customer has approved our samples, and in this scenario
as we know what raw materials will be needed, we have the BOM done long
before the routings so that the MRP will help us stockpile components before
the routings are done.  Production Control is not supposed to release shop
orders that are in that condition, but our system of communicating, which are
REAL requirements & which are NEW BUSINESS not yet routed, could stand better
internal communications & sometimes shop orders are released by accident
before the routings are done.

These shop orders do get labor tickets generated even though there is no
routings, but this might be related to our extensive modifications of the
print program which goes after the data in FSO FMA FOD in which it works if
FMA but no FOD or vica versa.  We do have rare parts in which it is legitmate
to have one but not the other.

Also, if there is something wrong or incomplete with a part, we prefer to
print a labor ticket with an error message on it, so people can get the
problem resolved, rather than have no ticket at all.

In the past we have had people who thought someone killed their labor tickets
on the spool file, reran the order generation, got no ticket because of what
was wrong, and the user was in a loop of not understanding why no ticket &
trying again & again to get one.

Also sometimes we have new personnel, not familiar with our item # system &
proper procedures, who have released shop orders on purchased items by
accident.  BPCS will let you do that.

Most parameters are setup in SYS800 ... I do not recall off hand any related
to how shop order labor ticket generation supposed to work, other than how
the costing of the shop orders supposed to work.

You might also review on the DOC menu, the run instructions for SFC JIT MRP

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838

+---