  • Subject: Re: BPCS Job Openings
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 03:33:45 EST

From Alister William Macintyre

This BPCS_L place is extremely educational, 100,000 times better than its
competition & also I sometimes learn from browsing the archives.
http://archive.midrange.com
http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l/index.htm

I do not know of anything that is BPCS specific but there are AS/400
statistics that show up periodically in the AS400network newsletters that
originate with Vail consulting.  There might also be something relevant in
the general manufacturing or ERP or software quality web sites, but it seems
to me that salaries are closely linked to skills like with specific
languages, OS, job functions that might exist on Unix but are totally
automated on OS/400, whatever is the latest new e-hot, and whatever
consultants can get away with.

http://www.jobs400.com

You can look at what consultant companies charge, like $125.00 an hour or is
that a day to visit your site to work on some project, but I expect the
consultant company gets a chunk of that which the actual technician never
sees.  I do not make anything like that, but then I have decent job security.

Noodle around one of these places - they may have old articles of relevance
http://www.as400network.com
http://www.midrangecomputing.com/forums/
http://400times.co.uk

You might also link to user groups which in turn have tons of other 400 links
- ethics of the groups will ban direct mention of salary data
http://as400magazine.com/
http://www.as400journal.com/

http://www.techrepublic.com/index.jhtml ... this place is not really 400,
although there are some 400 discussions there ... it does have rather
extensive resources on careers & training & IT hiring issues.

>  From:    ProctorLawson.V@DuraAuto.com (Proctor Lawson, Veronica @ BU)
>
>  I am new to the AS400 and new to BPCS (4.0.5 CD).  Although I have been
>  unable to contribute to the newsgroup yet, I have enjoyed reading the
>  questions and responses.  I am learning a great deal from them.
>
>  One question:  Does anyone know of a website that tells average salary info
>  per region for BPCS jobs?
>
>  Thank you,
>
>  Veronica Proctor Lawson
>
>  Veronica Proctor Lawson
>  Dura Automotive Systems, Inc.
>  219-868-2147 ext. 3323
>  proctorlawson.v@duraauto.com

foreign
>  postings were very sparce last time I looked at these URLs.
>
>  http://www.bpcsjobs.com
>  http://www.bpcsjobz.com

BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana -  local AS/400 user group just started a web site (nothing much
there yet) www.ksainc.com/Starbase

+---