  • Subject: Re: BPCS 6002===>>6101 UPGRADE
  • From: "Randy S. Merle" <rmerle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 07:44:41 -0500

Another issue that you will want to check for is standard BPCS logical
files that existed in 6.0.02 that no longer exist in 6.1.  In a recent
upgrade from 6.0.04 to 6.1 a client of ours discovered that standard BPCS
logicals that they had used in new programs or queries in their 6.0.04
environment no longer existed in the 6.1 environment.  It was an easy fix
to rebuild the logical but it was an issue that they had to deal with.  You
may be surprised when you try to run a custom program and discover the
logical no longer exists.

Randy Merle, Project Executive
Crowe, Chizek and Company, LLP
Direct:  (317) 706 - 2614
Cell:      (317) 752 - 5260
Fax:      (317) 706 - 2660

                    "oludare"

                    <oludare@ix.net        To:     <BPCS-L@midrange.com>

                    com.com>               cc:

                    Sent by:               Subject:     Re: BPCS 6002===>>6101
UPGRADE
                    owner-bpcs-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    11/15/2000

                    10:23 AM

                    Please respond

                    to BPCS-L

Hi Rick,

Thanks for sharing the info.

Now these:

1.    How did you go about figuring out what file layouts have change
between 6002, and 6101.
2.    What do you think of my idea of installing 6002 in TEST and upgrade
6101 in TEST while I'm
       running 6002 in PRODUCTION.
3.    What is the solution to the 1M records issue.
4.    Do I need to look at any information at 6004 and/or 61 for this
process. If yes, what info.
5.    Is it true that you can install CS and MM on the same box and have
selective installation for users.

Thanks,

Oludare