  • Subject: Re: BPCS V404 ORD570 Order Confirmation
  • From: "Nick" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 17:34:16 +0100

We had problems in vanilla V4.04 which I believe to be what you describe. We
had what the accountants described as 'missing B transactions'. These
occurred quite randomly but quite regularly and went on a very long time
before the problem was noticed. SSA could not trace the problem for us. The
problem turned out to be in ORD571 (and possibly ORD573). The cure was found
in a later release of ORD571. We had a shipment of V4.05 lying in a drawer
(not the CD version at that time) so I got the source for ORD571 and
compared it with V4.04. Apart from BMRs which were clearly identified there
was one with a description which looked as though it might have something to
do with our problem. It turned out be just one line of code and a simple
opcode change from IFGT to IFGE (if my memory cells are working properly). I
compiled this version into the PTF library - problem solved. I later checked
to ensure this line of code was in the CD version. It was.

If indeed missing 'B' transactions are your problem and the above has not
helped send me a email and I will try and get further information to you.

Nick

> >  From:    SavoyG@troycorp.com (Savoy, Gregg)
> >
> >  We are experiencing significant problems with Order Confirmation.  The
> >  problems are inconsistent.  Our shipping person runs ORD570 several
> times
> >  each day (start and stop).  It appears with each "batch" there are
> shipped
> >  lines that are not costed nor updated to the ITH file.  In addition, we
> have
> >  had zero cost updated inconsistently either from this problem or
> another.
> >  Based on our research this problem has been occurring since the system
> was
> >  installed.  These programs are "vanilla" except for Bill of Lading
> layout
> >  changes.
> >
> >  My programmer has been debugging this program (and its called programs)
> for
> >  about 4 weeks (he is interrupted several times each day) but he has not
> been
> >  able to identify specifically what is causing the problem.
> >
> >  Can anyone provide some insight into what might be at the root of the
> >  problem?  It appears this problem is in the base code so others must
> have
> >  encountered it.
> >
> >  Thanks,
> >
> >  Gregg E Savoy