  • Subject: Re: Discussion Is Good Sometimes SSA Might Listen totheirCustomer Base
  • From: "Chick Doe" <Cdoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 16:57:28 -0700

to SSA, since your listening,

how about an update from SSA Global Technology about it's strategy. over the
last couple of months there have been some very interesting comments made in
the discussion group. things like:
1.SSA is renegotiating it's maintenance contracts with its customers
2.there was an allusion to bpcs version 8. what is it? when?
3.what is the new management team. i have received only a single letter fro the
new president that really didn't say much.
4. i have heard from other sources that most, if not all, business associate
relationship between SSA and their prior affiliates have been canceled.
specifically i have been told that (Iworks software can no longer offer bpcs
education courses. what is the rational for this? is SSA now the only source of
bpcs education?

the new management team may only have officially been on board for 6 weeks, but
i'm sure that they have been working on the strategy sine they submitted their
bid for SSA. how about giving us a good description of where SSA thinks it is
going?

>>> kmiller@ssax.com 09/21/00 08:25AM >>>
SSA Global Technologies wants very much to listen to it's customers,
constructive criticism is always welcome.  Pgreenfie@ssax.com's issue isn't that
we do not want to listen, it's that this argument was going nowhere.

The whole As/Set issue started because someone was told As/Set was going away,
this quickly degraded into it's a piece of crap and thank goodness it is going
away.  Well neither is true.  As/Set may not be perfect, but it is not a piece
of crap, and it is not going away, at least not immediately.

SSA Global Technologies is looking at all parts of our business, including
technology, so someday we may switch from As/Set to something else.  The key is
someday.  To think that we could immediately drop As/Set and go  back to native
coding is unrealistic, as is thinking we could switch to another tool
immediately.  This type of technology switch must be considered carefully.
Remember the early Version 6.0 days?  We do, and we are trying to make certain
that we do not repeat history.  If we should decide to switch to a tool other
than As/Set, it will be some time before it occurs as we will have to retrain
our own staff, ensure smooth transition of the code and  have some type of
migration/conversion plan available for those who use As/Set currently.

So please do not think we don't want to listen to our clients, we do.  If we
didn't their would not be so many of us "listening" to this list.  Our client
base is most important to us, without clients there is no SSA Global
Technologies.  So for those of you that have been told we only care about
ourselves and not our clients, it just isn't true.  The new management team
which took over only  a month and a half ago (I know it seems longer) is working
very hard to make sure that we do things right.  We're trying to make sure that
we do not make the same mistakes we made as SSA.   SSA Global Technologies must
make sound business decisions if we are to help our clients, and helping our
clients is what we're trying do.

Washbean@aol.com on 09/20/2000 11:48:25 AM

Please respond to BPCS-L@midrange.com