  • Subject: Re: the ASSET issue again
  • From: "Genyphyr Novak" <novakg@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:29:27 -0500

Hello L S

You seem to be missing the point on this one.

>Who cares what the Action diagram looks like, it can be perfect and
>AS/SET will still generate bloated and unreadble RPG.

AS/SET does. This is the starting point for the code generator to create the
RPG source. First rule of programming is : Garbage in = Garbage out. Until
you view the action diagram which produced the source and say there is no
empty subroutine in that diagram, you can show me all the source in the
world and it will not prove a single thing on the subject I was specifically
addressing, which was why there are some empty subroutines called in the
BPCS RPG code.

Thanks

Genyphyr Novak
SSA