  • Subject: RE: Display-only access
  • From: Fran Clements <ClementF@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 13:13:59 -0400

WE USED SECURITY OPTIONS TO ACCOMPLISH SOME OF THIS (AND YOU ARE RIGHT - IT
WASN'T SIMPLE), SUCH AS INV130 AND SEVERAL OTHERS AND GAVE DISPLAY ONLY
RIGHTS.

BUT INV100 IS A PROBLEM.  WE COULD FIGURE OUT NO WAY TO DO THIS THROUGH
SECURITY.

WE CONTROL THE ITEM MASTER DIFFERENTLY.  WE ASSIGNED RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL
INV100 CHANGES TO ONE FUNCTION, AND THIS FUNCTION COLLECTS INFO FROM ALL
OTHERS RATHER THAN HAVING EACH DEPARTMENT DO THEIR OWN MAINTENANCE.