  • Subject: Re: Any have an update on SSA bankrupcy?
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 16:51:31 EDT

I have had several "updates" that you might not have seen.

1. We have had several occasions to call SSA tech support & seen zero
difference after the bankrupsy, before the bankrupsy, before we knew they
were in this difficulty.

Well, perhaps one difference ... when I post questions to SSA, I do so by
fax, speeling out details of the problem, in which I request answer by fax if
practical, and mention that I work nites so if you need to talk to me, feel
free to call me at home ... well you may be aware that when SSA gets faxes,
they post the core question to some SSA tech person a good 24 hours before
that person actually gets to see the fax input.

One call back, before they saw my fax, learned that I work nites, so
suggested on my voice mail that I might like to send my questions to the
Australian tech support place that works the same hours as I do.

2. We subscribe to various newsletters from BPCS consultants & recent issues
have mentioned the topic & assured us that their support is unabated, that we
can continue like before, but if we should decide to look around for some
other ERP, they can help us there also.

The last one I read was from Crowe Chizek reporting on a recent BPCS
convention in which Peggy's seminar on BPCS Costing & the Real World had
standing room only audience & they gave the web site where people who were
not there can see the text of the seminars.

Is it Ok if I cut & paste here that kind of info from BPCS consultant
newsletters that we subscribe to?

When we contracted for support from Crowe Chizek in our 1998 conversion, we
signed a confidentiality agreement & I am not sure what all that covers.

3. We also getting rise in cold calls from BPCS competition that acts like
SSA bankrupsy should be a surprise to us & that we should have a sky is
falling panic & run into their arms.

4. I have been to some, but not all of the web sites cited as having
relevance to the topic.  The Yahoo one might inspire one to think the sky is
falling.

>  From:    WStaunton@burco.com (Staunton,Wade)
>
>  There hasn't been any news of late as to the Gores purchase of SSA. Does
>  anyone have an update or any information as to it's affect on BPCS support
>  out of Chicago?
>  Has anyone experienced any support differences attributed to the
bankruptcy?

Al Macintyre  ©¿©
http://www.cen-elec.com MIS Manager Programmer & Computer Janitor
+---