  • Subject: Re: Info on BPCS ver 3.12
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 17:00:03 EDT

Version 3.12 is NOT one of the Y2K compliant versions supported by SSA, so
that if it has been converted to be Y2K compliant by some 3rd party, you need
to check with that 3rd party for installation instructions.

Depending on how the information got to you, it might be handwriting error
like the three you are seeing is really a five.

You better verify 3.12 first & then get an update on Y2K status & then get an
update on how to install with the Y2K fixes in place, so you do not have to
go through all the months if not years of work needed to convert vanilla 3.12
to Y2K compliant.

Folks on this forum can also help you if you share what platform it going on
AS400 NT Unix ... hardware version of operating system
whether precisely same as at the other facilities & who did the sizing
questionnairre to make sure your box is of sufficient resources to correctly
run the package at your facility ... if you can get a hold of the
questionnairre input that could be a big help to you

>  From:    contiver@supind.com.mx (César Ontiveros)
>
>  We are about to implement BPCS in our facility and I've been told that it
> will be version 3.12 which is currently running on other of our facilities
> and corporate offices. Could anyone tell where can I find information about
> version 3.12. This is totaly new for me...
>
>  César Horacio Ontiveros Morales
>  MIS Supervisor
>  Superior Industries S.A. de C.V.
>  Juan Ruiz de Alarcón 306