  • Subject: RE: Expanding the A/P Invoice
  • From: "Smith, Graham (EBM)" <Graham_SmithEBM@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 10:21:05 +0100

In these cases I tend to overstate the quote by a large amount to discourage
the fools from taking the route entirely.   If they are then stupid enough
to do so anyway you should look good when you come in under.  This only
works on a time and materials baisis rather than fixed price.

If you want a quote from a 10year BPCS developer to pass on to them,  "Don't
be insane, look for a workaround"

As you point out its not only the initial cost of this that is a pain, its
the on-going cost of maintenance with BMRs etc.  I'm not entirely sure how
CEA macros work so that could be a core problem but it certainly extends the
issue outside of just ACP.  You could use As/sets impact of change function
to get a guide to whats affected.

Honestly I think the cost of this versus the pain of resolving the cause of
the problem with their vendors is very one-sided.

Best of luck

Regards
Graham

> ----------

 This email and any attachments are confidential and solely
 for the use of the intended recipient.  They may contain
 material protected by legal professional or other privilege.
 If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible
 for delivering to the intended recipient, you are not authorised
 to and must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this email
 or its attachments.  Although this email and its attachments
 are believed to be free of any virus or other defect, it is the
 responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free
 and no responsibility is accepted by the company for any
 loss or damage arising from receipt or use thereof.